Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Latest Commission

Here's the latest commission I did for a client. You can see the stages I take in making the drawing, Intially working in pencil, then clean up in ink with a pentel calligraphy brush pen and then rendering colour with polychromos. This is a very laborious way of doing the drawing but the finished result looks more artisan than working digitally. I've been edging back to a more traditional approach of late, partially because I am frustrated with Artrage software which does not allow for any great flexibility in detail work. This was an unusual commission in that there are three figures, normally I work with individual images or couples. Thoroughly enjoyed this one, even if my knowledge of motorcycles is not the best! I'm sure that sidecar would never have an exhaust pipe wrapped around it, but I never was that strong on drawing vehicles.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: